Required technical skills:
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including knowledge of fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- Strong systems fundamentals, including concepts such as representation of data types and memory management.
- Strong networking fundamentals, including knowledge of common network protocols and wire formats (e.g. HTTP) and debugging of network-level issues (e.g. packet tracing)
- Experience with either C# or Java programming, including a comfortable knowledge of the language’s standard library, usual coding style practices, and common idioms.
- Understanding of XML/JSON-based RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with and ability to work in both Windows and Linux environments, including command-line scripting in both of these environments.
The following technical skills are preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with an interpreted scripting language such as Python or Ruby
Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate following non-technical qualities:
- Self-motivation to learn new skills and gain proficiency in new technologies.
- Self-motivation to acquire technical knowledge and understanding of YinzCam’s existing systems through self-driven exploration of the source code, reading of documentation, and learning from other team members.
- Enthusiasm for helping the team and improving on its current practices.
- Willingness to assist with operations issues that arise outside of core business hours. Because YinzCam’s clients are sports teams, some issues may need to be handled during evening sporting events.
- Ability to solve issues in high-pressure situations, such as during live sporting events.
Please be sure to highlight:
- Your overall technical skills and background
- Your relevant professional and academic experience
- Your systems-development skills (mention example projects, number of months of experience)
- Your systems-maintenance skills (mention example systems maintained, number of months of experience)
- Your software-engineering skills, e.g., version control, testing