On March 30, 2021, Austin FC & Q2 Stadium launched their brand-new app, just in time for the 2021 MLS season. We were proud to have collaborated with Ryan Fannin, Austin FC’s Vice-President of Information Technology, on this project.
Austin FC, founded in 2018, is an MLS club debuting in the 2021 season, and playing out of the new Q2 Stadium in Austin. The club’s branding (the “Bright Verde” color) is strikingly visible within the app, in the bottom navigation menu, the cards of different sizes and widths to showcase different kinds of content and features.
The app contains information about both the club as well as their new stadium, with the Q2 stadium hub featured as a prominent bottom-navigation menu item. The app also has the schedule of Austin FC home/away matches, a live Match Center, with information on the players, real-time statistics, commentary of each match, the red/yellow cards and substitutions.
The mobile app will also carry livestreams for all regionally-broadcast regular-season matches to enabled devices within Austin FC’s Central Texas broadcast territory, free-of-charge.
Stay immersed 24/7/365 in all things Austin FC
Use the app to stay in touch with Austin FC and the Q2 Stadium, with:
- Schedule of upcoming matches for the MLS regular season
- Club roster, including player profiles and player stats
- Information about Claudio Reyna (Sporting Director), Josh Wolff (Head Coach), and the club’s technical staff
- Information about the club’s owners
- A live Match Center, with lineups, top goal scorers, pre-match previews, in-match commentary, post-match recaps, and media associated with each match
- The latest standings for the MLS Western and Eastern conferences
- Push-notifications for automated scoring notifications
- Live streaming of all regionally-broadcast regular-season matches
- The latest news about the club and the stadium
- A special news-article series providing match recaps, including the rundown of the plays for the match, the match lineups, lessons learned, and more
- Ability to join The Oak Collective, to purchase waitlist memberships, and to view membership benefits
- Information about the new Q2 Stadium, including a 3D seat-viewer and spectacular renderings of the stadium
- Ability to view match-day tickets for mobile entry to the stadium
- Ability to view and buy merchandise.
Congratulations to Austin FC for launching their beautiful new app, and for making their MLS debut this season.
The Austin FC and Q2 Stadium mobile app serves as the one-stop shop for Austin FC access, including match livestreams for regional broadcasts, roster and player details and schedule information. The Austin FC and Q2 Stadium mobile app will also offer Q2 Stadium mobile entry, SeatGeek ticketing options, and further features that will be updated closer to Austin FC’s first-ever Q2 Stadium home match on June 19, vs. The San Jose Earthquakes.
— Austin FC