For the past two years running, we have been privileged to work alongside and innovate with one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious tennis tournaments — the National Bank Open presented by Rogers.
A quick fact about this tennis tournament is that it officially began in 1881 for the men and 1892 for the women; only Wimbledon has been around longer.
As for today, tennis fans using the official National Bank Open app can experience and follow this tournament like never before as the world’s best players from the ATP Tour and Hologic WTA Tour hit the courts.
This year, the world’s best men players will compete in Montreal as the world’s best women players will compete in Toronto. Both cities alternate yearly between hosting the men’s and women’s tournaments.
Upon downloading and opening the NBO app, fans will be able to select the city they wish to follow between Montreal and Toronto. Also, this is a multi-lingual app, allowing fans to choose between English and French Canadian modes as well.
Following those choices, tennis fans everywhere can also choose to follow their favorite players by using the app to receive personalized notifications with real-time updates and breaking news alerts.
In addition to following favorite players with the National Bank Open app, the app will provide everyone with access to a full range of relevant information regarding match statistics, schedules, real-time scores, and the latest tournament news.
Furthermore, tennis fans might experience some new and unique features inside of the NBO app this year, including:
- Throughout the National Bank Open tournament, fans attending games might see interactive reaction cards displayed on their screens asking them to rate an experience or give feedback on a particular experience.
- Every fan can use the interactive maps we built for both of the venues in Montreal and Toronto to find courts, food areas, and other venue amenities.
- When using the app, fans might see an interactive ad displayed offering them exclusive deals or information. Five tournament sponsors are utilizing interactive ads inside the app for the tournament this year.
- Every fan with the app can also access a Partners Perks page, thanks to the wonderful sponsors for the National Bank Open presented by Rogers.
- The app will also provide access to our Mobile Ordering product so that fans attending can avoid waiting in long lines and not miss any action.
- Lastly, the National Bank Open app can allow fans to access and use tickets at the stadium gates by connecting their Ticketmaster account.
So now, 141 years later, between August 5th to August 14th, the 132nd edition of the National Bank Open presented by Rogers returns where the world’s best players come to compete on Canadian courts. And there’s an app to follow them and do so much more.